Every year, Myrtle Beach attracts millions of visitors eager to revel in its stunning beaches, vibrant summertime festivities, and Myrtle Beach Dolphin Watch Trips. Among the many wonders this coastal paradise offers, the chance to witness bottlenose dolphins in their natural habitat is a top priority for many tourists.
If you’re planning a trip to Myrtle Beach and have your heart set on encountering these magnificent creatures in action, below are some valuable tips to make the most of your dolphin-watching experience.
Make the most of dolphin watching in Myrtle Beach
- Optimal Timing: Mornings are the prime time for observing dolphins in their element, as they are most active during these hours. Before the sun rises high in the sky, dolphins can often be spotted swimming near the shore, displaying their graceful moves. For those who prefer a later start, late afternoons also offer excellent opportunities for dolphin sightings on a jet ski.
- Best Months: Dolphins are active throughout the year, as they don’t hibernate like some other animals. However, if you wish to get up close and personal with these enchanting creatures, it’s best to plan your visit between April and September. During these warmer months, the delightful weather and abundant sunshine will complement your experience, and the dolphins themselves will be particularly lively and engaging.
- Weather Considerations: Like us, dolphins prefer sunny and warm weather. During stormy or rainy conditions, dolphins often retreat to deeper waters, seeking extra protection from the elements. To increase your chances of spotting them, prioritize good weather for your dolphin-watching adventure.
For those seeking the best dolphin-watching spots along the Grand Strand, here are some exceptional locations to consider:
- Book a Jet Ski or Boat Tour: While swimming with dolphins is not allowed in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach to preserve their natural ecosystem, take a jet ski or boat tour. This tour offers a thrilling experience in close proximity to these magnificent creatures. These guided tours, led by highly-experienced crew members, take you to the best spots for dolphin sightings, ensuring a memorable encounter while respecting the dolphins’ habitat.
- Visit a Popular Dolphin-Watching Spot: For those who prefer observing dolphins from the shore or during the colder months, there are several spots where these playful animals are often seen. Cherry Grove Fishing Pier, Myrtle Beach State Park Pier, and Springmaid Pier are among the top choices, as dolphins are known to gather around fishermen throwing back their catches, creating excellent viewing opportunities.
- Beach Strolls: While it may require some patience, don’t underestimate the potential of spotting dolphins during your beach walks, especially during the early morning hours. Keep your eyes peeled and be on the lookout for these delightful creatures gracefully gliding through the water.
Embarking on a dolphin watch trip in Myrtle Beach promises an unforgettable experience, providing an intimate connection with these incredible marine animals. Remember to respect their environment and maintain a safe distance, ensuring that future generations can continue to cherish these captivating encounters for years to come. So, grab your camera, soak in the breathtaking sights, and relish the magic of sharing the coastal waters with these captivating bottlenose dolphins!
Contact Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises today to book a dolphin watching trip during your vacation in Myrtle Beach.
Like our Facebook page for more information on jet ski rentals.
Action Water Sportz Little River
4430 Kingsport Road
Little River SC 29566